Share your love of diving with students by becoming an Open Water Instructor!
Pro Dive Magnetic Island’s Instructor Training Course (ITC) will take you from Assistant Instructor to Open Water Instructor level, giving you the skills and confidence to not only pass your Instructor Evaluation but ultimately to run your own courses and to instruct divers in the safest and most competent way.
As an SSI Open Water Instructor you have a big responsibility over your students; teaching people to dive is both demanding and fun and in our opinion the best job in the world!
- Online eLearning
- Instructor Slates
- Personalised & tailored program to suit YOUR needs, learning ability and time-frame
- Dedicated program coordinator
- Free diving for term of traineeship
- Internationally recognised certification
- Minimum age 18 years old
- Dive Control Specialist Certification
- Australian dive medical certificate
- Valid 1st Aid and Oxygen Administrator Certificate
- 75 logged dives
- Be able to pass a fitness and watermanship evaluation
- Own a Total Diving System of professional type and quality. Pro Dive offer a range of discounted packages to our Dive Professional Students.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?
ITC = 10 Days
IE = 2 Days
The 10 Day Instructor Training Course is followed by an IE (Instructor Examination), here you will be tested by an external SSI Instructor Certifier.
The ITC isn’t so much a pass / fail course but more a preparation for the IE and the real job of a dive instructor. However, your Instructor Trainer will decide if you are ready for the final step, the IE. If not, he might advise you to gain more experience working as an assistant with other instructors before you do the IE as we want to make sure that only good, safe, knowledgeable and motivated people become SSI Instructors.
WHAT WILL I BE ABLE TO TEACH?
- Resort Diver (try dives)
- Scuba Diver
- Open Water Diver
- Advanced Adventurer
- Stress and Rescue Diver
- Enriched Air Nitrox (EANX 40)
- SSI Instructor Evaluation (2 day Evaluation)
- SSI professional membership payment
- Australian dive medical. This is required once every 12 months to stay current as a dive professional
To receive your Open Water Instructor Qualification, you must complete an Instructor Evaluation