Share your love of diving with students by becoming an SSI Open Water Instructor!
SSI (Scuba Schools International) is one of the largest diving training agencies worldwide with dive centers all over the world. Our Instructor Training Course (ITC) will take you from Dive Controller to Instructor level, giving you the skills and confidence to not only pass your Instructor Evaluation but ultimately to run your own courses and to instruct divers in the safest and most competent way.
You will participate in classroom, pool, and ocean settings to perfect your skills and teaching ability and to provide you a good understanding on how courses should be structured and taught.
As an SSI Open Water Instructor you have a big responsibility over your students; teaching people to dive is both demanding and fun and in our opinion the best job in the world!
- Online eLearning
- Personalised & tailored program to YOUR needs, learning ability and time-frame
- Dedicated program coordinator
- Free diving for term of trainee-ship
- Internationally recognised certification
- Minimum age 18 years old
- Dive Control Specialist Certification
- A current medical certificate, signed by a licensed medical practitioner
- Valid 1st Aid and Oxygen Administrator Certificate (within the last 24 months click here)
- 75 logged dives (you need 100 logged dives at the end of the course)
- Provide proof of current 1st aid and CPR training (valid within 24 months)
How long does the SSI Instructor Training Course take?
The course takes 10 days and is followed by the IE (Instructor Examination). The IE takes two full days and here you will be tested by an external SSI Instructor Certifier.
The ITC isn’t so much a pass / fail course but more a preparation for the IE and the real job of a dive instructor. However, your Instructor Trainer will decide if you are ready for the final step, the IE. If not, he might advise you to gain more experience working as an assistant with other instructors before you do the IE. Don’t be afraid, this doesn’t happen often. But we want to make sure that only good, safe, knowledgeable and motivated people become an SSI Instructor.
What will I be certified to teach?
- Resort Diver (try dives)
- Scuba Diver
- Open Water Diver
- Advanced Adventurer
- Stress and Rescue Diver
- Enriched Air Nitrox (EANX 40)